Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm a big 3 year old!!

Lexie turned 3! Boy does she think she is big now! I swear she grew up overnight. She has this huge obsession with Hello Kitty, so naturally that was also the theme for her birthday party. It is always a tradition at our house to decorate a birthday breakfast chair for the birthday girl. So when she woke up she came down to her Hello Kitty "chair". Along with the Hello Kitty theme we needed a Hello Kitty cake. I really don't like bakery cakes, I don't think they taste great, and I really don't like the frosting. So I told Lex i would make her a Hello Kitty cake. I thought that finding one of those cake molds for Hello Kitty would be a breeze, I have seen them for Dora, and all the princesses so no problem right? Wrong. I looked all over the Internet and every store in the Wasatch front. No Hello Kitty! So, i did what every mother would do and came up with a second plan to make a Hello Kitty cake. I made one up for her. It didn't turn out great, but hey after staying up till midnight coming up with a solution it worked for me. I showed her the cake the morning of her Birthday and It was worth every second of the 4 hour ordeal to see her face light up to the sight of her Hello Kitty cake. Then for her birthday all she wanted was for her mimi to take her to Preschool, so mimi came with balloons and cookies for her to take to preschool. For her party I tried to talk her into a million different places to go, but her little heart was stuck on Kangaroo Zoo. WOW, I think the adults had as much fun as the kids. After we went to Texas Roadhouse, her favorite restaurant so she could "saddle up" for her birthday! All the presents of course had to follow the Hello Kitty theme! She had a great time, and it was worth it all to see her so happy! The things we do for our kids! Thanks to everyone that came and made the special trip down for her!




























8 comments:

whitney holland. said...

Hey Nicole! You have had this blog for a few months now and never said hello! You have the cutest little family! Let's get together soon, I miss seeing you! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Cute! Happy birthday Lex! Your cake is incredible, I am seriously impressed! Lucky for you, you'll get to do the whole birthday thing again REALLY soon!

Adam, Jodi ,Dakota and Gavin said...

Happy Birthday Lex!!! It looks like she had a fun filled birthday. Her cake is adorable! You did a great job!

Kendal and Alissa said...

Looks like a fun party. I can't believe that you have a three year old....we're too young....right?! I love the cake what kind of frosting did you use to decorate it? I feel the same about store bought cakes so I better get some tips on how to make a good one for Savanna.

Michelle said...

Your girls are SO cute! What a fun birthday party. By the way, I just turned 25 and couldn't believe it either...crazy huh? I swear we were just in high school :)

Brinley said...

hey nicole it is Brinley tell Lexi happy late Birthday from me.:) love you guys!!!

Brinley

Whitings said...

Hey guys! Thanks for sending your blog address! We can't wait to see you again! Dev and Nic

abo-bder said...



.
.
.
faniyin